Some people choose not to be physically active because they think that all the physical effort they would put into an exercise routine will just make them even more exhausted. What they don’t understand is that part of being fit and healthy requires you to avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. However, there are simpler tasks you can do to achieve wellness.
- Make a habit of stretching before you head to be. Grab your toes and pull, as this will improve your body’s circulation. And with proper circulation, our muscles and nerves will be able to function properly, preventing you from experiencing pain in the knee, back and hip area.
- Simple exercises such as jumping jacks give you quite the advantage. Do about 25 reps. Being able to move your body, even in just a brief amount of time, can actually help elevate your mood, making you less susceptible to being overcome by stress.
- We need around 7 to 9 hours of sleep a day, but a lot of people, kids especially, choose to stay up late texting and manipulating their phones. Try to place phones on silent mode during the evenings so that you get to sleep early and sleep soundly.
- When we have kids, doctors and other health professionals emphasize the importance of completing immunizations. What most people aren’t aware of, however, is that shots are important even through their adult years. Get yourself protected with flu shots every year, as well as other immunizations such as those for cervical cancer.
- Monitor the steps you make every day. You can do this with the help of activity trackers such as the Nike FuelBand. Studies have shown that those who do become more aware of their daily activities and are more encouraged to become more active.
- Go for a short run early in the morning or maybe just take a trip to the nearest coffee shop in your area. Exposure to sunlight early in the morning can help normalize your body clock so you won’t feel groggy the rest of the day. Plus, the fresh air can help increase oxygen flow to the brain and increase levels of endorphins.
- Look at yourself in the mirror. That’s right. Asses your body for any signs of abnormalities. Look for strange developments such as an irregular shaped mole, and do a monthly self breast examination. These help you detect early signs of cancer.